Cannot Sleep Comfortably? Here is Top 5 Best Body Pillow for Men
After a tiresome day, a good night’s rest is very crucial. Good quality sleep is the best way to shed off the day’s stress, increase productivity, and improve memory. A good mattress is not enough to offer all the crucial support needed, and this is where the best body pillow for men comes into play.
Everyone has their unique pillow preference based on their needs, sleeping style, and body size. It is also important to replace your pillows after some years of use to ensure proper performance and to reduce the amount of bacteria and allergens that accumulate with time.
Many people hold to the idea that body pillows are a thing for women. However, men also need as much support as possible to ensure that they get maximum rest in readiness for the hard work of the following day. In this review, we focus on the best body pillow for men, the examples, and a comprehensive value section.
Before purchasing a body pillow for men, you might want some enlightenment on the different pillow fillings, types of pillow, and the different pillow specifications for each sleeping style.
Considerations when Choosing a Body Pillow
Your height and general body shape
Before getting a body pillow, it is important that you consider the shape of your body and your height. You want to get a pillow that will support your full body length and if possible, wrap around you for premium comfort. At the same time, you do not want a bulky pillow that will knock things over when using it. You can get body pillows of different sizes depending on the size of your bed. The king size pillow is currently the biggest size available.
Most men prefer a firm pillow, and the best option is one with memory foam fill. However, if you want something softer for added comfort, then you might want to go for the down alternative or the fiber fill. Such pillows are soft for maximum comfort, yet they offer you the much-needed support while sleeping.
Your sleeping style
Back sleepers – People who love sleeping on their back can gain maximum comfort from flatter pillows. Fluffy, lowly pillows allow for added support for the neck and head, and they are effective in reducing snoring and congestion. Back sleepers can also use contoured neck pillows which help support the neck. Placing a pillow between the knees helps alleviate back pain.
Stomach Sleepers – If you prefer sleeping on your stomach, then you should get a pillow of low or medium height. You will need to get ample support for your stomach to ensure a restful sleep. The best pillow for stomach sleepers should be soft, fluffy, and place the head at a natural angle.
Side Sleepers – If you prefer sleeping on your side, then you might want to get a pillow that provides firm support or one that is contoured. Ensure that the pillow fills the gap between the mattress and the head to reduce the stress on the neck. Placing a pillow between the knees helps in the alignment of the spine.
The quality of the casing
High-quality pillows usually feature a fabric casing that has a high thread count. The higher the thread count, the more the softness of the casing. It also guarantees that the filling will not come out and that allergens and bacteria will not come in. Other fabric options include cotton which is breathable and cool and flannel which is normally warm and soft, perfect for the colder months.
Most body pillows for men do not have a fabric protectant, which necessitates pillow protectors. Pillow protectors also add up to the comfort achieved and help improve the durability of the pillow.
Types of Fillings used in Men Body Pillows
- Feather Pillows - These pillows are affordable, and they contain feather-fill which comprises of polyester and synthetic fiber blend fill or small feathers. Feather pillows are very soft, and maintenance is easy because they are machine washable. The pillows filled with polyester fill are hypoallergenic, and most have a thread count of up to 600 which prevents loss of feather fillings through the pillow fabric.
- Memory Foam Pillows - A memory foam pillow perfectly conforms to the shape of the body to offer support that is as firm as possible. This material is great for keeping you well supported all night long, and it eliminates tossing and turning and any restlessness.
- Down Pillows- These pillows are very soft and are a favorite to many thanks to their luxury and comfort. They are primarily filled with duck or goose down. Natural European Goose Down filling accounts for the highest quality pillows. These pillows are very durable which makes the investment worthwhile.
- Polyester Pillows - A polyester pillow contains human-made, synthetic filling. They are very firm, inexpensive, and mostly hypoallergenic. However, they are not as durable as the other pillows on the market.
Different Uses of a Body Pillow
A body pillow is applicable for many purposes. To reap maximum benefits, you might want to go through this tutorial on the different ways that you can use a body pillow.
- The main and obvious purpose of a body pillow is that it is the best sleeping pillow because it supports the entire body.
- A body pillow adds up as a cushion for use on patio furniture and outdoor lounge chairs.
- You may also opt to use it as a backrest to watch TV while sitting on the floor.
- A body pillow is also a perfect addition for extra seating space at a party.
- Get creative with your body pillow and use it as a bolster to support your core while doing yoga.
- A body pillow also works well for outdoor enthusiasts who use it during camping trips, warm-weather tailgating occasions, outdoor concerts, and other activities. However, you might want to go outdoors with a pillow that has a machine washable cover for easier maintenance.
Here are our five best body pillow for men at a glance
|Product Image||Product Name||Material/Filling||Hypoallergenic?||Removable Cover||Weight||Buy|
|Pinzon Hypoallergenic Down Body Pillow||Cotton shell/Polyester Fiberfill||Yes||Yes||5 Pounds||Check Price|
|Pillowtex Bamboo Body Pillow||Bamboo/Polyester Blend||Yes||Yes||4.2 Pounds||Check Price|
|Ultra-Soft Body Pillow||Ball Fiber Fillings||Yes||Yes||2.3 Pounds||Check Price|
|RestRight 100% Cotton Body Pillow Protector||Cotton Fabric||Yes||Yes||0.4 Pounds||Check Price|
|Aller-Ease Cotton Hypoallergenic Allergy Protection Body Pillow||Fiberfill||Yes||Yes||2.6 Pounds||Check Price|
1. Pinzon Hypoallergenic Down Body Pillow
Pinzon contains 100 percent cotton shell or 100 percent polyester fiberfill comforter that eliminates any chances of allergies. It is a completely hypoallergenic body pillow. Therefore, this pillow is top-rated when it comes to comfort and body support. Besides, the Plush fillings allow this pillow to conform naturally to different body shapes and curves.
Most men are side sleepers and thanks to the frontal support; they can now enjoy maximum comfort. This pillow is very effective when it comes to supporting the back area. To reap maximum benefits from the pillow, you might want to lean your back against it when sleeping. Another way to use this pillow is by placing it between the knees, and this reduces the pressure exerted on the back, spine, or hips. When used properly, Pinzon pillow is effective at eliminating the pain experienced while sleeping.
The down alternative fill makes Pinzon a favorite for many. Besides the overall supple and lightweight feel, the pillow is very breathable, and it releases moisture vapor and body heat quickly to the surface for more comfortable sleep. The down alternative makes the pillow completely hypoallergenic, thus a perfect choice for people prone to allergic reactions.
We loved the special grade quality of the pillow, and this is mainly due to the 230 thread count pillowcase which lets you enjoy silk soft, crisp, and clean experience when sleeping. This pillow is very soft, super-thick, and fluffy. For some people, this is a favorite design while others might not like it. Whichever your preference, it is good to note that the pillow is easily adjustable by removing the filling as desired to suit every user.
- Pinzon is a body pillow with a cover that is easy to remove and machine washable, thus easy to maintain.
- The pillow contains 100 percent hypoallergenic filling, and the quantity can is adjustable according to the preference of the user.
- The pillowcase has a 230-thread-count shell which guarantees durability and proper air circulation.
- This pillow is super thick and fluffy, which could pose a problem to some users. However, you can open up the seams to adjust the amount of filling as desired.
2. Pillowtex Bamboo Body Pillow
Pillowtex Bamboo Body Pillow contains 100 percent polyester fill which is in a fabric cover of 40/60 bamboo polyester blend. The polyester fill is completely hypoallergenic, and it is the perfect option for men with sensitive skin or is prone to allergic reactions. On the other hand, the soft bamboo cover allows for excellent air circulation and prevents you from overheating even during the hot summer.
Pillowtex is soft, comfortable and very supportive. It is perfect for keeping your head and neck aligned all night long. It has a removable pillow cover that is machine washable for easy maintenance. The natural bamboo makes the cover resistant to dust mites, mold, and bacteria. Besides, the natural fabric is more breathable, softer, and completely hypoallergenic. It offers more comfort compared to cotton, and it is ideal for sensitive skin.
Pillowtex is a total body pillow that offers the much-needed relief for people with insomnia, migraines, snoring issues, and TMJ. It is of a desirable size, with a length of 5.5 inches for the high loft, 4.5 inches for the medium loft, and three inches of the low loft.
- Pillowtex Bamboo Pillow is naturally resistant to allergens, germs, odors, and dust mites. It eliminates any fears of an allergic reaction.
- The company gives the customers an allowance of thirty days to test the pillow comfort, within which one can return the product.
- The pillow is out of natural bamboo material, which is a guarantee that you are making choosing a healthy option for both you and the environment.
- Despite the good qualities of Pillowtex, we did not like the odor that is caused by the natural bamboo material. You might want to place the pillow in a well-aired place for a few days so that the smell disappears.
3. Ultra-Soft Body Pillow
The first thing there is to love about the Ultra-soft Body Pillow is just as the name insinuates. The pillow contains 200G ball fiber fillings which are super soft, perfect for offering the ultimate support on the hips, shoulders, abdomen, back, or any other area desired.
The pillow comes in an impressive size with a length of twenty inches and a width of 54 inches. With this size and the design, the pillow comfortably conforms to the natural contours and shape of your body. It is key towards keeping the body positioned while sleeping.
The outer shell of the pillow is 100 percent, and this offers several benefits. First, the premium cotton makes the pillow Ultra-soft and very durable. Also, cotton fabric is perfect when it comes to air circulation. For this reason, the pillow prevents overheating of the user while sleeping.
Besides, the edges are double stitched, and this eliminates the worries of wear and tear apart from years of use. The stitching also eliminates any potential damages on the pillow while shipping. Besides, the pillow is machine washable and dryable for easy maintenance. You can wash the pillow as often as you wish without losing its quality.
This pillow is very versatile, and its use ranges from side sleepers, pregnant women, and people with sleeping problems like back pains. For a side sleeper, placing the pillow between your knees will offer lumbar support while sleeping.
- The pillow is machine washable and dryable for easy maintenance. The good thing is that you can wash it as many times as you wish without losing the fluffiness.
- The pillow is vacuum sealed, and this is a guarantee that there will be no wear and tear even with years of use.
- It is perfectly stuffed, and this is a guarantee that you will receive the much-needed firm support during use.
- Some users of this pillow felt that it does not expand as previously anticipated. However, it is still firm and up to the task.
4. RestRight 100% Cotton Body Pillow Protector
A body pillow is a major investment directed towards better quality sleep free from the discomfort of shoulder, neck, or back pains. You want to keep your pillow protected, clean and fresh at all time. RestRight Pillow Protector does the trick for you.
This pillow protector measures 20 by 48 inches and is the perfect addition to a cheap body pillow. It is very lightweight and completely made out of premium cotton. We loved the fact that this pillow protector has a 200-thread count. For this reason, it is very cool and quiet for a comfortable rest all night long.
RestRight Pillow Protector has a zippered closure that completely encases the body pillow for maximum protection. The zipper makes it easy to fit and remove the protector for cleaning. It is machine washable and dryable which makes maintenance easy. This protector makes the perfect addition to dorm rooms, kids, guest, and master bedrooms.
- RestRight Pillow Protector has a tight weaving of 200-thread count which means that it is very soft to the feel and comfortable.
- It has a zipper across the narrow ends which keeps the pillow properly secured at all time. The zipper also makes it easy to remove and fit the protector as desired.
- This pillow protector is not as soft as is desirable. It might take several washes with a softener before it comes soft enough for sleeping.
- Also, this material attracts surrounding particles and lint. It thus gets very dirty after few days of use.
5. Aller-Ease Cotton Hypoallergenic Allergy Protection Body Pillow
Owing to the nature of their daily activities, most men are prone to allergic reactions. Rest is, therefore, a crucial aspect of their lives. For this reason, the pillow used should be carefully selected to ensure that it is allergen free.
Aller-Ease was one of our best body pillow for men because it is completely free from allergic reactions. The pillow features an allergen-proof fabric that effectively blocks out even the tiniest particles that could result in asthma and allergies. The fabric also serves as a good pet dander and pollen barrier. As a result, the user can comfortably rest all night without occasional sneezing.
The pillow is machine washable for easy maintenance. You can also bleach it with chlorine if need be then tumble dry low.
A 2-year warranty backs performance.
- The pillow features a completely allergen-free fabric, and it is perfect for use by asthmatic individuals.
- The fabric of this pillow does not allow for God air circulation, and the user tends to get too hot while using it.
Getting the best body pillow for men does not have to be a daunting task. In fact, a pillow that works for a woman is likely to work perfectly for a man too. Just follow this review to the end, and you are guaranteed to make an investment that you will appreciate.
If you are still not sure, then our top pick is the Pinzon Hypoallergenic down Body Pillow. This pillow offers sufficient comfort and support for the whole body. It is completely hypoallergenic. Besides, the fillings can be adjusted as desired to fit any sleeping style and different comfort needs. However, this does not mean that the other pillows are not any good. Any product mentioned in this review has passed the test and will meet your needs.